Do you need to do a health-promoting activity today? Here are some examples of things that may not come immediately to mind with respect to living healthy:
- Give or accept a hug from someone close to you (read an interesting article on fighting stress and the common cold with a hug)
- Park your car further from the entrance of your job or a store to extend the walking distance
- Allow yourself to receive seven to eight hours of sleep (if you have a tendency to sleep less that seven hours)
- Give yourself time to sit and do nothing as a way of unwinding after work or to reflect on your day
- Stand next to your child at the bathroom sink and brush your teeth while she or he is also brushing, as a way to motivate your child to brush daily and brush well
- Starting off each day with a do-to-list. It’s amazing how organized your life can become with a to-do-list
- Read a story to your child at bedtime or any time you and your child consider it worthwhile
These are just a few ideas that are as important to promoting your health as are exercise and eating healthy.
Are there any other ideas that come to mind? Please share!